Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where we are


Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. We are happily in our new home & still busy bees doing all of the little things that need to be done. I am yet again having camera issues, and feeling a bit cranky about it. I just don't feel like a blog is the same without the pics. So, while I would LIKE to show you how far the house has come, I cannot. It's a wonderful transformation, and I'm very happy with the results. While there were times that I wondered what I had gotten us into, we kept the optimism going and worked, worked, worked. I can't tell you how happy I am to not have to use the phrase "working on the house" any more. If you speak to me with any regularity you know what I'm talking about:

Friend: "So what are you guys up to tonight?"
Me: "We're working on the house"

Family: "Why aren't you answering my calls?"
Me: "I was working on the house"

Acquaintance: "How come you have no money?"
Me: "We're working on the house"

Co-worker: "What did you do on your day off?"
Me: "I worked on the house"

Stranger: "what's the squareroot of PI?"
Me: "Working on the house"

You see where I'm going with this, right?

I am still without a shower door in the master bath, the pool is still technically a pond (if the Koi are any indication), and I have sheets as some of the window coverings...but we have cable tv, and isn't that what really counts?

I'm trying to borrow a camera this weekend to take pictures, if I do you should see a post next week sometime. In the meantime here is a refresher of what the house looked like "before"







2 comments:

Melanie Rossi said...

I was really hoping you would post pictures! I'm relieved even though the pictures are "before". I can't wait to see the after! Take Christmas pics too!

Amy and David said...

I am really excited to see what y'all have done with it! I am sure it is an amazing transformation.