Thursday, October 16, 2014

Siblings

Jacob and Kiernan play together a lot.  I love it.

When they were younger I worried that without having a same sex sibling that they would be missing out on the kind of super-tight bond that I had with my sisters growing up.  I didn't really think that brothers and sisters did that.  I am happy to say I was wrong.

Those two spend hours together, annoying each other, playing with each other, watching movies together, talking to each other, helping each other...all of the things I had hoped they would have from a sibling!  I have repeatedly heard one of them tell the other "Love you sister/brother!"

I'm thinking about this right now because I have heard them giggling with each other in Kiernan's room for the last hour.  I'm not sure what is so funny, but apparently whatever it is is downright hilarious!  They have been bouncing on the bed, throwing things at each other and generally making a rukus that has been annoying me...up until it wasn't.  Then it made me smile.

I hope this bond sticks.  So far, over the last 10 years it has.  I suppose only time will tell.

The teenage years are coming and I am hopeful that during those inevitable times when they have something going on that they won't feel comfortable sharing with their parents, that they will still rely on each other.  I know my sisters and I did it, and it was a lifesaver many times over.




No comments: