Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another year, gone.

Okay, so we did have a little bit of excitement this weekend. Saturday a.m. I had to go to my moms for a baby shower, Mike was in charge of the kids. I load up my car & hit the road to go across town to my moms house. I drive 15 minutes & am almost to my moms house when my phone rings...

Me: Hello
Mike: Hi
Me: What's up?
Mike: Umm, do you have Kiernan?
Me: :::silence::: huh? WHAT?!?
Mike: So, you don't?
Me: *screeching* WHERE IS SHE????
Mike: Ummm, gotta go. *click*

What just happened here?

So, I call back...
Mike: What?
Me: Isn't she in the house?
Mike: No! I've gotta go!
Me: CALL ME WHEN YOU FIND HER!!!
Mike: Yeah. *Click*

So, I turn the car around to go home, imagining terrible scenarios involving pools, cars, perverts entering the house, and other miscellaneous "mom nightmares"...but still thinking that Mike will call back at any minute.
5 minutes, no call...10 minutes, no call...15 minutes, almost home, so I can't take it & I call. No answer. So I keep calling...finally Mike answers.

Mike: I've got her, we just got back.
Me: *just got back??* You just got back? What?

Apparently Mike made the mistake of using the restroom without telling Kiernan. She thought everybody left & decided to follow on foot. Mike got in the car and found her a block & a half away walking down the middle of the frontage road of a major street(West Ave. for those who live here).

Aren't I past this part of child hood? Can't I relax just a little? I just lost another year off of my life...I am now officially 50 years old. (see "my kids are trying to kill me")

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hope you don't mind - I just added a link to your blog on my blog...your comment about being 50 years old reminded me of how Bella and Jacob refigure their ages based on different skills and experiences...(just a little obsessed with those books still)

Melanie Rossi said...

You have to move back because I'm pretty sure Kiernan was safer living here. She has had way more issues since you've left. it's a sign and you should listen! Love y'all!!!